#edgeforex #trading #market #stocks #money #usd #japan #oil #usd #index #cpi #earnings #forex #cryptocurrencies #bitcoin cpi
- The US CPI will be the focus of next week’s announcement.
- The US Treasury will auction two-, ten-, and thirty-year notes.
- So, what are the major events and releases for the next week?
- ECB President Lagarde will talk at 10:45 a.m. ET/1545 GMT.
- Tuesday: RBNZ Governor Orr speaks at 9:15 p.m. Monday/2:15 a.m. GMT;
- 2-year note auction, 1 p.m. ET/1800 GMT;
- New Zealand inflation forecasts Q/Q, 9 p.m. ET/0200 GMT Wednesday
- Weekly crude oil inventory statistics, 10:30 a.m. ET/15:30 a.m. GMT
- FOMC Bowman talks at 10:30 a.m. ET/1530 GMT;
- BOC Macklem speaks at 12 p.m. ET/1700 GMT; and
- FOMC Mester speaks at 1 p.m. ET/1700 GMT.
- 10 year bond auction, 12 p.m. ET/1700 GMT; 1 p.m. ET/1800 GMT
- Thursday: EU Economic projections, 5 a.m. ET/1000 GMT;
- US CPI, 8:30 a.m. ET/1330 GMT;
- US 30-year bond auction, 1:00 p.m. ET/1800 GMT;
- BOE Bailey speaks, 3:15 p.m. ET/2015 GMT.
- UK preliminary GDP QoQ, 2 a.m. ET/0700 GMT;
- US preliminary UoM consumer confidence, 10 a.m. ET/1500 GMT
Disney, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Alibaba, Chipotle, and Twitter all have earnings announcements set for the week of February 7 to February 11.
The majority of the major earnings reports have already concluded. However, there are several large firms announcing next week that will be of interest to market traders even if they do not impact the markets as much as Amazon or AMD did this week.
The following key earnings reports will be announced in the United States on Monday of next week:
Tuesday: Chipotle, NCR Corp, and Pfizer.
Wednesday: CVS, Disney, Twilio, MGM Resorts, and Uber.
Thursday: Coca-Cola; Zillow; Twitter; Phillip Morris; PepsiCo; Friday: Under Armour
The day ends with mixed outcomes for US markets. The main indexes rose during the week.
The Dow fell for the second day in a row. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq finish higher.
The major US indexes have varied performances for the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is down, but the S&P 500 and NASDAQ are up. The Russell 2000 small-cap index rose on the day as well.
The day’s final figures are now available.
The Dow industrial average fell -21.42 points, or -0.06%, to 35089.75.
The S&P 500 index increased 23.11 points, or 0.52 percent, to 4500.54.
The NASDAQ index increased 219.2 points, or 1.58 percent, to 14098.02; the Russell 2000 index fell 11.32 points, or 0.57 percent, to 2002.35.
The main indexes all closed higher during the trading week:
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased by 1.05 percent.
• The S&P 500 increased by 1.51%.
• The NASDAQ index increased by 2.38 percent.
• The Russell 2000 increased by 1.43 percent.
Although the major indices rose, there were several significant losses during the week:
• PayPal (-22.9 percent)
• Meta is -21.42 percent.
• Raytheon (-17.17%)
• Ford Motor (-8.09%)
• Gilead is down 7.2%.
• -6.35 percent for Blackberry
• Honeywell (-5.19%).
• -5.0 percent for Doordash
• AT&T (-4.48%)
• -3.72 percent for Rocket
• -3.69 percent for Walgreens
• -3.3 percent for First Solar
In contrast, some of the week’s major interests included:
• Snap: +27.38 percent; GoodRx: +20.25 percent; Robinhood: +19.25 percent; AMD: 17.45 percent
• Nio (+14.69 percent)
• Chewy, plus 12.24 percent
• Alcoa (+11.85 percent)
• Nucor, plus 11.46 percent
• Roblox +9.54%; Amazon +9.49%; Boeing +8.35%